Music Lessons, New Term Starts
Monday 14th September 2020
From Monday 14th September 2020, in line with government Covid-19 guidelines, we look forward to seeing many of our young musicians carrying out face-to-face music learning at World Heart Beat.
Our COVID-19 Safety Action Plan
Please read, and where appropriate, follow the steps outlined below to minimise risk of COVID-19:
- Thorough Cleaning — The Academy has been thoroughly cleaned and is expected to meet high levels of cleanliness — this will be continually monitored. The relevant ‘shared’ instruments (piano, cellos, double bass etc) will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitised after each use.
- Do Not Congregate — Parents and siblings are asked not to congregate in the Academy. Instead, please drop off and return, unless in an extreme case where young children (under 5 years) are present. All individuals must socially distance where possible, and visitors must wear masks whilst in the building.
- Social Distancing — Distancing rules apply which includes 1m to 2m between musicians, including those at higher risk of transmission such as vocal, brass and woodwind musicians. Where possible, musicians will be positioned back to back, or side to side, to reduce risk further.
- Hand Sanitiser — will be present at the entrance to the Academy and inside all learning rooms. We advise on washing hands with soap and using disposable towels on entry and departure.
- Fully Assessed — The Academy has a full risk assessment in place to allow for a full return of students.
Online Lessons — Please read the checklist the below and if ANY of the members of your household meet any of these conditions, do not come into the Academy, instead book an online lesson:
- Experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, fever, shortness of breath, chills, loss of taste or smell, headache, sore throat or muscle aches).
- Within the past 48 hours, they have been in close contact with someone who is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Anyone who is subject to UK travel quarantine due to the arrival in the UK from the listed countries within the past 14 days.
- To inform the Academy immediately if anyone has developed symptoms within 48 hours of coming to the Academy.