This policy sets out how the World Heart Beat Music Academy aims to repay the trust you have shown by sharing your personal data with the charity.
Who are ‘we’?
In this policy, whenever you see the words ‘We’, ‘Us’ or ‘Our’, it refers to World Heart Beat Music Academy Ltd and World Heart Beat CIC.
World Heart Beat Music Academy Ltd is limited by guarantee and acts wholly as a charity. Its facilities consist of teaching rooms in which over 98% of all its activities are based around music tuition and providing opportunities for young people. World Heart Beat CIC (WHB-CIC) is a social enterprise with profits feeding back into The World Heart Beat Music Academy Charity.
The asset lock for the WHB-CIC is WHB. Staff working with WHB-CIC combine their roles and are engaged in WHB activities. The WHB-CIC directors work at WHB and therefore share many of the ‘head office’ functions such as marketing, event planning and HR. The full legal information for each entity is:
WHB-CIC is the community interest company for WHB. Registered in England and Wales 11221741. WHB, a charity registered in England and Wales (1139579).
WHB-CIC & WHB operates out of 58 Kimber Road, Wandsworth SW18 4PP.
Your acceptance of this policy, and our right to change it
By using our websites, social media pages, entering a competition or providing your information you consent to our collection and use of the information you provide in the way(s) set out in this policy. If you do not agree to this policy please do not use our sites, social media pages or services.
We may make changes to this policy from time to time. If we do so, We will post the changes on this page and they will apply from the time we post them. This policy was last changed on 16th March 2018.
What is personal data?
Personal data is information that can be used to help identify an individual, such as name, address, phone number or email address.
The policy in brief
It’s important that you read the full policy to understand what information we hold, how we may use it, and what your rights are – but if you don’t have time to read it all now, here’s a quick summary:
- We collect information that is either personal data (as outlined above) or non-personal data (such as IP addresses, pages accessed etc)
- We collect information about the people we assist and families that we support, members, friends, supporters, users, volunteers and employees.
- We collect information to provide services or goods, to provide information, to fundraise for our work, to give more young people opportunities, for administration, research, profiling, analysis, and for the prevention/detection of crime.
- We only collect the information that we need or that would be useful to us in our quest to provide the best possible service.
- We do our very best to keep personal information secure, including SSL technology (secure server software) wherever we collect personal data online.
- We never sell your data and we will never share it with another company or charity for marketing purposes.
- We only share data where we are required by law or with carefully selected partners who do work for us. All our partners are required by their contract to treat your data as carefully as we would, to only use it as instructed, and to allow us to check that they do this.