We will only use your information for the purposes of our dealings with you. We do not sell information or mailing lists to any other business.
This policy sets out how the World Heart Beat Music Academy aims to repay the trust you have shown by sharing your personal data with the charity.
Who are ‘we’?
In this policy, whenever you see the words ‘We’, ‘Us’ or ‘Our’, it refers to the World Heart Beat CIC and/or World Heart Beat Music Academy Ltd. If collective, we may refer to either as World Heart Beat, WHB.
The asset lock for the World Heart Beat CIC is World Heart Beat Music Academy Ltd. Some of the staff working with World Heart Beat CIC, combine their roles and are engaged in World Heart Beat Music Academy Ltd activities and visa versa. The World Heart Beat CIC directors work at World Heart Beat Music Academy and therefore share many of the ‘head office’ functions such as marketing, event planning and Human Resources. The full legal information for each entity is:
World Heart Beat CIC is the community interest company for World Heart Beat Music Academy Ltd. Registered in England and Wales 11221741. World Heart Beat Music Academy Ltd. is a charity registered in England and Wales (1139579). World Heart Beat CIC & World Heart Beat Music Academy Ltd are registered and operate out of 58 Kimber Road, Wandsworth SW18 4PP.
Your personal data is data, which by itself or with other data available to us can be used to identify you. This data protection statement sets out how we’ll use your personal data. You can contact us at World Heart Beat at 58 Kimber Road, Wandsworth if you have any questions.
The types of personal data we collect and useWhether or not you become a student/parent or guardian of a student, we’ll usually hold the minimum possible data to identify you.
- Full name and some minimum personal details including contact information (eg. email address).
If you become a customer, student/parent or guardian of a student, (e.g. taking tuition, booking for concerts) we’ll also collect other contact information including home address and telephone numbers). If seeking World Heart Beat support (e.g. applying for a bursary/scholarship) we may need to request further information such as employment, financial statements, benefits and family support.
We do occasionally ask for other information such as ethnicity purely as a charity we can monitor our impact and find areas where we can improve to serve the community.
We’ll tell you if providing some personal data is optional, but all cases that involve you being a student/parent or guardian of a student of Us, you must provide your personal data so we can process your application or booking (unless you’re a customer and we already hold your details).
Using your personal data
- We’ll process your personal data:
As necessary to perform our duty to you if you are a customer.
- To inform you of up and coming events and news if you have not otherwise informed us not to do so.
- For good governance, accounting and managing and auditing our business and charitable operations
- For understanding our impact, form analysis and gain statistics on how we can improve
- To send you marketing communications such as; special invitational concerts, up and coming activities, previous news about Us, that we think will match your interests.
- You can unsubscribe at any time by contacting us. In the case of social media messages you can manage your social media preferences via that social media platform. If at anytime you would like to be removed for our database you may do so in writing to World Heart Beat, 58 Kimber Road, Wandsworth SW18 4PP. If you are a student/parent or guardian of a student we will need to hold data in order to process your application, for governance and for child protection safety. We do this as part of our responsibility, which is within our legitimate interests. If you are a customer, we may need to keep you details to process your booking or process your order.
Data anonymisation and aggregation
We will not share your personal information beyond World Heart Beat, however your personal data may be converted into a statistical or aggregated data, which can’t identify you, then used to produce a statistical number, research and reports. This aggregated data may be shared and used for World Heart Beat as news, impact or other communicative mechanisms.
Your acceptance of this policy, and Our right to change it.
By using Our websites, social media pages, entering a competition or providing your information you consent to Our collection and use of the information you provide in the way(s) set out in this policy. If you do not agree to this policy please do not use Our sites, social media pages or services.
We may make changes to this policy from time to time. If We do so, We will post the changes on this page and they will apply from the time We post them. This policy was last changed on 11th May 2018.
Cookies In Use on This Site
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
More about our Cookies
- Remembering your search settings
- Allowing you to add comments to our site
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party functions
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily “Like” or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Visitor Statistics Cookies
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our’s and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
The cookie information text on this site was derived from content provided by Attacat Internet Marketing http://www.attacat.co.uk/, a marketing agency based in Edinburgh. If you need similar information for your own website you can use their free cookie audit tool.