Job Description: Marketing Manager
World Heart Beat is a fresh, modern music charity which teaches children and young people skills through music to lift their aspirations. We are motivated and inspired to bring confidence and life changing skills into the lives of our young people through the medium of music and in a cross-cultural setting where equal prominence is given to music of all cultures. Currently 350 students come to learn every week. World Heart Beat also supports young people to connect and be able to work in the creative industries with related skills such as PR, journalism, sound engineering, recording. In 2019 World Heart Beat enters a new and exciting phase as we will lead a new Cultural Centre in the heart of the regenerated Nine Elms at Embassy Gardens, with 750sqm of increased space doubling student capacity as well as programming at least 150 concerts each year in the new performance venue. Please see www.worldheartbeat.org/embassygardens.
World Heart Beat Music Academy prides itself on excellence in music education and performance and we currently have 18 programmes of music across all genres, from Classical, Jazz, Asian music, Eastern European Gypsy, Irish music, folk and contemporary, rock, funk and pop. Our performances take us to many prime locations including Speakers House, Kensington Palace, the Palazzo Corsini in Rome, the US embassy, and a flash mob at Southside shopping centre amongst many others. World Heart Beat Music Academy is supported by a diverse team of world-class musicians and specialist music tutors each of whom communicate a real love and knowledge of their genre and genre’s culture to our students. We are supported by the Arts Council as one of their national portfolio organisations and regarded as one of the leading ‘blueprint’ initiatives reflecting the community in our students, teachers, approach to education and with the musical genres we embrace
Our environment is fun but fast moving and the successful candidate will be managing numerous campaigns at the same time so the ability to think laterally is vital.
This job has the benefit of flexible hours (28 hours) with generous holidays.
We are looking for an experienced Marketing Manager to lead the marketing activities in our organisation.
The primary role is to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of campaigns whilst putting best practice marketing processes in place.
We are a small but vibrant and ambitious charity and need someone with a practical and proactive approach to daily activities and problem-solving.
- Liaise with leadership team, provide status updates and flag potential issues for discussion
- Help develop new marketing materials and take responsibility for coordinating production and distribution
- Come up with ideas to boost the profile of World Heart Beat locally and more widely to ensure we reach both students, supporters and audiences
- Liaise with marketing and PR teams in other partner organisations
- Manage the supporter and donor database day to day, identifying marketing opportunities and coordinating with Administrator to action these
- Database training will be provided
- Manage social media channels, establish and implement a marketing plan for these channels and develop content for posts
- We have an active team of senior students keen to help with social media, so you will have support in these actions
- Manage junior interns and students in marketing activities
Skills and qualities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate well within a team
- Strong organisation skills including time and project management.
- Strong numerical skills and confidence working with database information e.g. supporter contact and donor data
- Demonstrable interest in the arts or charity sectors and desire to learn more
- Good working knowledge of basic Microsoft Office systems
- Previous experience of the charity and/or arts education sectors
- A background in marketing gained within a marketing agency, marketing function or similar
- Awareness of the requirements for compliance with current data protection legislation
The role will report directly into the Executive Director. It will also involve working closely with the Artistic Director and other members of the team.
The post will be based at the World Heart Beat Music Academy in Wandsworth, London.
28 hours per week (lunch unpaid) with generous holidays and the ability to flex these hours to suit individual circumstances
£25,000 per annum.
World Heart Beat will provide training in specialist systems such as the supporter database. The successful candidate will be expected to be able to
Please apply by email to Sahana Gero email@example.com, attaching a CV and brief covering letter stating how you meet the essential requirements of the role.
Closing date: 16th January 2019
If you are shortlisted, you will be invited for interview with World Heart Beat management. The successful candidate will then be offered a job subject to satisfactory references being obtained.
58 Kimber Rd
London SW18 4PP
Artistic Director: Sahana Gero
Posted on December 15th 2018