Widening Horizons Programme
SIGN UP by FRIDAY 12 FEBRUARY 2021 (MIDDAY)
We know things are tough right now – Covid-19, lockdown 3.0, not being able to make music together in person…that’s why now is the perfect time to develop your skills on the Widening Horizons programme and get yourself prepared for your future.
We are very excited to announce that London born Neo-Soul, RnB and Jazz influenced artist, creative practitioner and music industry professional Esther Bokuma Lenda, will take us on a whistle stop tour of the Music Business, Brand Development and Sustainable Creativity, in a series of online sessions from 17 February to 31 March 2021.
Don’t miss out, the deadline is Friday 12 February 2021 (Midday)
Why should I take part?
By taking part in the Widening Horizons skills development programme you will:
- Gain a good understanding of the music industry landscape and business through self-led learning, group discussions and guest speaker visits.
- Develop brand awareness by producing and presenting an online portfolio.
- Create a roadmap focussed on sustaining your creativity as an Artist/Musician.
- Develop professional skills to help prepare you for employment in music industry.
- Get hands on experience of working on events and projects by supporting World Heart Beat events in the summer of 2021.
Who is it for?:
- All young musicians aged 15-25.
- All young musicians who want to develop their skills and can commit to the session dates below.
What will I have to do?
Widening Horizons is free to take part, but we ask that you commit to:
- Completing 3 x self-led learning online modules.
- Attending live sessions on zoom on the following dates:
- 6 – 7.30pm, Wednesday 17 February
- 6 – 7.30pm, Wednesday 3 March
- 6 – 7.30pm, Wednesday 17 March
- 6 – 7.30pm, Wednesday 31 March
- Completing 21 hours of volunteering in the summer of 2021 at World Heart Beat events as part of your training experience.
How do I sign up?
Sign up today! Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis…
If you have any questions, or want to chat about it, email firstname.lastname@example.org and she’ll be happy to help you!