Are you aged 15 – 25 years and do you want to become a Community Events Volunteer at World Heart Beat Music Academy?
By taking part in the Skills Development and Exchange Programme you will become a Community Events Volunteer empowering and up-skilling yourself to support your World Heart Beat community through;
- Access to masterclasses on event management and communications skills (including video / radio production) with guest speakers to be announced
- 1-1 and group mentoring sessions, CV clinic and support with job applications and interview prep
- Working on a project using the new skills you’ve got, putting them into practise in the real world
We will be running this programme throughout the year and the programme is open to current and new World Heart Beat musicians. We expect you to be a committed, supportive and engaged member of the programme and to bring ideas, enthusiasm and curiosity. Other necessities are a complete love for music (you don’t need to play an instrument!) and to be open to learning new things and having a go!
As a Community Events Volunteer on the WIDENING HORIZONS Skills Development and Exchange Programme you will:
- Develop your event management, communications skills and confidence through skills development sessions and skills exchange (working on a project)
- Set your CV apart from others by giving you experience to talk about in applications / interviews
- Receive support in developing your employment skills, and advice on what options are available to you
- Make a positive contribution to the World Heart Beat community and your self-esteem
As this is a voluntary position, we can cover travel expenses.
When and where:
- Dates and locations to be agreed with volunteers
- We will meet at 58 Kimber Rd, Southfields, London SW18 4PP
How to get involved:
- Register your interest by filling in this form
- Due to the ongoing coronavirus situation, we are working hard to arrange alternative sessions, so sign up and Liz will be in touch!
Support / Any Questions:
Liz Coomb, Project Manager (freelance) for WHB will be your main point of contact for any queries or concerns – please don’t hesitate to get in touch with her on firstname.lastname@example.org.